Montag, 15. August 2016

Winston Way - finished

Finished my "Winston Ways" today. It's a small wall hanging. The pattern is by Bonnie Hunter (www.quiltville.com), the "Queen of scraps". You can find the pattern in her book "More adventures with leaders and enders".

Some months ago, Bonnie Hunter made this quilt in walling hanging size for a Quilts Of Valor auction initiated by Marianne Fons of Fons & Porter's. I was thrilled when I saw the wonderful pattern and wanted to copy this quilt. I must confess... I'm a bad boy... I studied Bonnie's quilt and figured out how to make it without buying the book or a pattern. But I strongly advise to BUY her books, as she provides us with lots of wonderful scrappy quilt patterns! I absolutely love her quilts! Be sure to visit her blog at quiltville.blogspot.com ! 

The light background fabric in my quilt is made from scraps from several men's shirts. All the colors (reds, yellows and blues) are my own hand-dyed fabrics. The quilt is approximately 30" x 30".

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen